Saint Johann's Alpendorf
in summer is an attractive holiday island amidst the green countryside.
A comfortable gondola takes you to the top of the Gernkogel (1787m), into a fascinating mountain world.
Whether you just take a few steps to the nearest Alm, or enjoy an extended hike, welcoming Alms in our
Salzburg province invite you for a rest and a typical snack.
Crystal clear mountain streams, fresh air and the fascinating natural environment do not only attract ambitious
mountaineers, mountain bikers, shepherds and their animals, but also nature lovers and connoisseurs. Infinite
freedom and peace amongst breathtaking mountain scenery
What is there to do in Alpendorf?
- Take the gondola up the Gernkogel (1.787m) - also in summer a comfortable way to reach a fascinating hiking area and the Gernkogel mountain lake
- Footpaths and hiking trails around Alpendorf
- The "ghost mountain" on top of the Gernkogel, 1.767m: an experience for the whole family
- Alpendorf Active Club - the holiday club for the whole family
- Adventure playground - a children's paradise offering everything that's fun for children (petting zoo, mini golf, mini carts, ...)
- Golf in the Salzburg province
- Tennis outdoors and indoors
- Nordic walking, jogging, alpine tours for experienced mountain hikers or pleasure hiking without pressure on performance
- Fitness park in St Johann
- Fun sporting activities such as rafting, canyoning and climbing
- Multi-activity sports field (football, handball, etc.)
- Mountain biking and E-bikes with recharging facilities
- Alpendorf guest newspaper